Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chanel handbag cake…

When I was a child I remember going to a friend’s birthday party and spending virtually all of my time standing motionless with my eyes fixated on a Barbie cake which stood beautifully in the middle of the table.

She looked so real, so authentic, so much better than just a normal Barbie… I mean you could eat her for God’s sake!

Fast-forward 20 years (or so…) and I’m in the same situation. Except this time, I have no interest in Barbie (well, not that I would admit) and I’m in a rather lavish restaurant in Sydney, so must remain civilised…

Now, I swear that in the 20 years post Barbie-cake-infatuation, I have never seen a cake which has even come close to being as pristine or as perfectly executed as that Barbie was… and I sure have been looking.

That was of course, until recently, when the record was broken with the older girls’ dream item: The classic Chanel handbag.

Yes. 20 years later, I’m standing motionless with my eyes fixated on a classic Chanel handbag cake… which, is so authentically like the real thing, if I saw it on a shelf in a bakery I would most probably try and sling it over my shoulder.

What’s even more amazing that the lady who made it does not (yet) do this for a profession…

If passion makes you good at what you do, then this is the most passionate cake I’ve ever seen, let alone tasted…

Oh, and as for the taste... well, there’s only one word really: Rich (in all the best ways!)

For more info email gluttonandnuts@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment